Switch over to our new blog! • ¡Pásese a nuestro nuevo blog!

The renewed version of our blog, with more features, a richer design, and available in nine languages, can be read here: https://wangriver.com

The new version also includes the old posts, often in expanded form. If you are curious about the updated version of this post, replace “riowang.blogspot.com/” in the URL with “riowang.studiolum.com/”, and the new link will most likely lead you there.


La versión renovada de nuestro blog, con más herramientas, un diseño más rico y disponible en nueve idiomas, se puede leer aquí: https://riowang.com

La nueva versión también incluye las publicaciones antiguas, a menudo en una forma ampliada. Si tiene curiosidad por la versión actualizada de esta entrada, sustituya «riowang.blogspot.com/» en la URL por «riowang.studiolum.com/es/», y el nuevo enlace probablemente le llevará allí.

Pink postcards 26


Absender:
Odesilatel:
Nadawca:
Mittente:
Pośiljatel:
Posiljać:
Presentatur:
K. Timó 1st
Marching Regiment
Martini Battalion
Bányay Company
Post 350

Feldpostkorrespondenzkarte

To the honored Miss Antonia Zajác
3rd district, Kis-Korona Street 52.
Budapest





Previous letters (gray dots):

• Galicia, 2 August 1915
• Galicia, 25 July 1915
• Galicia, 14 July 1915
• Galicia, 12 July 1915
• Galicia, 6 July 1915
• Galicia, 25 June 1915
• Galicia, 10 June 1915
• Debrecen, 5 June 1915
• Budapest, 1 June 1915
• Budapest, 1 March 1915
• Budapest, 10 February 1915
• Kecskemét, 30 January 1915
• Dukla Pass, 11 January 1915
• Felsőhunkóc, 4 January 1915
• Sztropkó, 31 December 1914
• Budapest, 23 December 1914
• Budapest, 21 December 1914
• Budapest, 11 December 1914
• Budapest, 2 December 1914
• Budapest, 28 November 1914
• Budapest, 27 November 1914
• Budapest, 18 November 1914
• Budapest, 27 October 1914
• Debrecen, 25 September 1914
• Szerencs, 28 August 1914
My dear son6 August

Today I received your letter, in which you write really so dejectedly that I was almost shocked. Don’t be so weak-hearted, and do not worry about my destiny, as I do not have the least problem. And if you saw what a good place I have, I know you would calm down. And I write every day, so please you also write always as much as now. I cannot write any news from here, because there is none, and I cannot write so amply that you would understand everything.

The latest news, that Warsaw is ours, we knew already thirty minutes after the events, that is, Thursday at noon.

I hope you are relaxed after this.

A million kisses, Károly



[The Central Powers realize their most successful campaigns in the Russian theater of war.

The Gorlice breakthrough has brought the strategically desirable result. The enemy forces have been squeezed out from almost the entire territory of Galicia.

Przemyśl and Lember were recaptured, and Ivangorod and Warsaw in the north were also captured. The occupation of Vilnius seemed to be a nearing reality.



It was at this time that the Höferiades might have approached the closest the reality of the events in the theaters of war.]

rl03 rl03 rl03 rl03 rl03 rl03

The Gorlice-Tarnów breakthrough, and the Russian retreat, August 1915


Next postcard: 8 August 1915

No hay comentarios: