Shadow play / Juego de sombras


“I’m sitting in the courtyard, looking forward to my friend, to congratulate him on the birth of his newborn son.
Old house, dark courtyard, a couch on the yard. My friend appears in the opening of the gate, with a cradle in the hand.
The cradle is covered with burgundy velvet, embroidered with gold.
I set the light, press the camera button. At this moment, a Chinese tourist runs away on the street in front of the open gate. The photo will be complete with him.
In photography it is important not to seek for a topic, but to be able to see it. At least this is how I think. I do not like invented photos.
I do not like when local photographers base the photo on ethnography, when they seek to include at least one minaret, a donkey, a camel, a female in folk costume and with a child on her arm, and the rest.”

Anzor Bukharsky, from Samarkand.
«Estoy sentado en el patio, esperando a mi amigo para felicitarle por su hijo recién nacido.
La casa antigua, el patio oscuro, un sofá en el patio. Mi amigo aparece en el vano de la puerta, con una cuna en la mano.
La cuna está cubierta de terciopelo granate, bordado en oro.
Ajusto la luz, presiono el botón de la cámara. En este momento, un turista chino pasa corriendo por la calle ante la puerta abierta. La foto se completa con él.
En fotografía es importante no buscar el tema, sino ser capaz de verlo. Por lo menos así lo pienso yo. No me gustan las fotos inventadas.
No me gusta cuando los fotógrafos locales basan sus fotos en la etnografía, cuando tratan de incluir al menos un minarete, un burro, un camello, una mujer en traje típico y con un niño en brazos, y todo eso.»

Anzor Bukharsky desde Samarkanda.






No hay comentarios: